Guinness World Records
All five records were set with U.S.-SILVER DOLLARS still in circulation.
Touch of Magic has been since 1990,however Richard Burr has a lifetime of experience. He has been delighting audience with his magic since he was nine years old. He has become one of the most sought after magicians performing today. His stage credits are quite extensive.
International Stars of Magic of Illusion.
Burr's affiliations and some highlights from his career include:
- Performing Member, Academy of Magical Arts, Inc. (Magic Castle) since 1980.
- Member, International Brotherhood of Magicians since 1975.
- Member, Society of American Magicians since 1972.
- Headline Act for numerous stage productions including "Magic Castle", "Celebrity Cruise Lines",
"Holland America Cruise Lines", "Seabourn Cruise Lines", "Cunard Cruise Lines", "Norwegian Cruise Lines", "Stars of Magic", "Believe in Dreams", "An Evening of Comedy and Magic", A Night of Magic", and many more.
- Many national and cable television appearances including "Monster House"-Discovery Channel, "Crime Strike"-UPN, "Family Challenge"-Family Channel, "Magic and Beyond"- World Wide Release, "Hour Magazine"- KTTV.
- Numerous performances currently and throughout the years for Fortune Entertainment, New Directions Event Planning, Extraordinary Events, TBS Productions, Karla Ross Productions, Larry Gootkin Orchestras, S & R Originals, Alan Sands Entertainment, and many more.
- Private performances for many celebrities including: Johnny Carson, Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen, Linda Hamilton, Leonard Nimoy, Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Pierce Brosnan, William Shatner, Tony Curtis, Willie Nelson and Robert Zemeckis, to name just a few.
- Opening act for Billy Preston, Paul Williams, Cory Feldman, Alan Thicke, and other artists.
- Featured Corporate Magician for: Walt Disney Animation, Blockbuster Entertainment, Toyota, Dole, Re/Max Real Estate, Health Net, Blue Cross, GTE, NBC, Creative Artist Agency and many more.
- Recent Performances include: Magic Castle in Hollywood CA., Mirage Hotel / Casino Las Vegas, Nissan Open, Creative Artist Agency 20th Anniversary, Tecno Comics, The 40th Annual Beverly Hills Ball, Regent Beverly Wilshire, Regency Club Beverly Hills, Mandalay Beach Resort in Oxnard, Design Center in South Laguna Niguel, Sheraton Industry Hills, Century City Hilton, Shore Bird Hotel in Hawaii, Universal Studios, and The Westin Resort in Palm Springs.
- "We Tip Annual Benefit" shows (since 1985) held at the Shrine Auditorium, San Gabriel Civic Auditorium and the Los Angeles Sports Arena and countless performances at schools and churches with his well known Touch of Magic anti-drug magic show, in which Richard helps youngsters throughout Southern California see the wisdom in living a drug-free lifestyle while entertaining them with his full-stage illusion show.
Contact us for our current public performance schedule!